Adbox 1

Saturday, 26 November 2016

What We're Watching/Playing 26/11/16


What We're Watching/Playing
26/11/16


With the end of another week, let's do another What We're Watching -- and this week, we've expanded it out to things we're playing, as well, since November is a very video game heavy month.


Digimon Adventure Tri Abridged.

I've plugged BlazingAzureCrow's abridged stuff before, but I think I'm justified in doing so -- they consistently have good writing, good voice-acting, and high production values, and their videos are a lot of fun to watch.

Well, maybe not the latest one, since it's the abridged form of Digimon Adventure Tri's third chapter, and the tragedy of it all is preserved, more or less. Still, it definitely has plenty of comedic moments.


Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Pokemon Sun and Moon came out a few days ago, and since then I've been slowly playing through when I have time and inclination.

I'm not especially far through right now, but I'm enjoying it so far. The trials and Totem Pokemon are interesting (although I think I prefer Gym Leaders), and I like that the badges you get serve an actual purpose in battle.

Also, Hau is adorable. As is Gladion. And Lillie.


Dishonored 2.

Dishonored 2 also came out recently, and I've been slowly making my way through that -- slowly, in this case, largely because I've been Let's Playing it, which limits the time I can actually play it in.

I'm enjoying it a lot, and much like the first game it has pretty high replay value, and is actually weirdly relaxing to play. The aesthetic has changed a lot too, progressing from steampunk-oid Victoriana to a more art deco 1920s feel that reminds me a lot of Bioshock.

At the moment, I've just rescued Sokolov from Kirin Jindosh, so I'm edging up on halfway through it. The Let's Play is over here, incidentally.

Digimon Universe App Monsters.

This week sees the proper introduction of Hackmon (not to be confused with Huckmon, who currently has a significant role in Tri), doing the standard 'showing up and wrecking all the protagonists' thing.

Apart from that, the Leviathan plotline is ticking along nicely, but is very clearly not going to last the entire series, unless something major happens to prolong it or breathe new life into it: It's only episode nine, and almost half of the 7Code Appmon have already been discovered, and once Rei is properly introduced, we're likely to see a sharp uptick in pacing, as the team clash against Leviathan's three remaining minions and collect more of the 7Codes.

No comments:

Post a Comment