Adbox 1

Thursday, 2 April 2015

Let's Play Valkyria Chronicles, Part 1: Edelweiss, Edelweiss.


Let's Play Valkyria Chronicles
Part 1: Edelweiss, Edelweiss.



So, I said I'd write about the making of this, and golly, was it somewhat frustrating. I did two soundchecks first, and then when I tried to do the actual version, it stopped working.

The framerate would plummet about five minutes in, going from a reasonably 20-something FPS to 1 or 2, becoming absolutely unusable. At a colleague's suggestion, I started recording into individual, special folders, and that helped, but this final version is still made up of footage from two different versions hastily spliced together. 

I'm getting an external harddrive soon, which apparently should help with this problem a bunch, and if not, I'll have to just keep fastening together parts from different playthroughs. 

I am really enjoying what little I've played of this game, though. I like Welkin and Alicia, I'm interested by the world they're in, and I see a lot of potential for where the plot could go.

I'm hoping to get Part Two up by Thursday next week, and to establish a weekly schedule for this, so keep an eye out for that, and if you've watched and enjoyed this, then please like, subscribe, comment and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment