Adbox 1

Thursday, 1 January 2015

What I'm Looking Forward To In 2015.



What I'm Looking Forward To In 2015.

Happy New Year, everyone! We're very nearly at the one year anniversary of this blog, so I will try to do something at least moderately special then. In the meantime, let's look towards the future, with some entertainment things that I'm especially looking forward to for 2015.


Digimon Adventure Tri.

Guys. Oh, my god, guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Digimon Adventure Tri. It's going to be so great, you guys. Probably.

As I talked about in a previous blog post, I adore Digimon, and Digimon Adventure is a massive part of my childhood. So Digimon Adventure Tri is something I'm really looking forward to, but I admit that I don't know at all what to expect: What little advertising we've got for it is not what I expected to see, and I'm not sure how to process that or what to predict for the series, and that makes me a little apprehensive.

At this point, I really just want a trailer. Something solid for me to get an idea of what this series will be like.

Game of Thrones, Series 5. 

Series 4 of Game of Thrones was not my favourite series of the show. I felt that while previous series had suffered from an overabundance of material to adapt, Series 4 had too little material stretched too thin, and that had worked to its detriment far more than just having too much material ever had.

Nevertheless, I am deeply looking forward to the next series, which should be airing during the Spring of 2015. There should be more material to adapt, not to mention that we're getting one of my favourite actors joining the cast.

Also, I just deeply love Game of Thrones. Simple as that.

Final Fantasy XIV.

Ha. Ha. Ha. 

I'll be quite surprised if this actually ends up coming out in 2015, but it is purportedly meant to be being released come March of this year. It won't be, of course. If we're very lucky, it might be managed to be released sometime during the winter of the year, and we will all be highly alarmed that it ever managed to dredge itself out of development hell and make its shambling, limping way to the shelves of local game stores. It's always a possibility.

Nevertheless, I am quite looking forward to it. It will either be brilliant or catastrophically bad, and I don't think there's any room for a middle ground here, and that alone is worth checking out. I am not sure which one I'd prefer: I like good games, but I also like complaining about things which are just terrible. 

Pokemon ?? & ??.

Okay, so they've not even been announced, but we all know they're coming. Every other year, Pokemon introduces a new generation of games, with some new Pokemon, a new region, a new evil team, and so on and so forth. Since 2014 was a remake year, giving us the superb Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the latter of which I've been playing, 2015 will be a new generation year.

Where will it be set? What will it be like? I'm personally hoping for either a UK region, or maybe part of China or the Middle East. Also, some more Eeveelutions and a three-stage Fairy pseudo-legendary, ala what Dragonite and Hydreigon are for dragons.

Also, I'm fascinated to see what the titles will be. I mean, they stopped with the colour schtick, so the sky's the limit now.

Legend of Zelda 2015.

I was so surprised to see this announced for 2015. Usually there are two or three years between the announcement of a Zelda games and its actual release, and this time there'll be a little over one. Combine that with a very striking trailer showing beautiful graphics and vaguely sci-fi elements in an otherwise fantasy setting, and I am really excited for this game.

I love Zelda, but I'm not very good at them on the whole, so I'm either going to have to learn to be good at them fast or hire somebody else to play it for me while I hover behind them, watching and backseat gaming in a vaguely irritating fashion. Either one. 

The Flash, Series 2, Second Half / Arrow, Series 2, Second Half.

I haven't enjoyed Arrow as much as I thought I would this year, but I've enjoyed The Flash way, way more, and they kind of come as a bit of a package deal. I'm looking forward to their return towards the end of January, as I'm hoping we will get to find out more about the Reverse-Flash, and see some slightly more effectual villainy from Strangely White And Antipodean Ra's al Ghul.

Also, more crossovers. Crossovers are always good.

Aldnoah.Zero, Second Course. 

I greatly enjoyed the imperfect but very fun first course of Aldnoah.Zero, and it ended on such a striking moment that I feel compelled to watch the second course with as much enthusiasm as I can. Luckily, I don't have long to wait, as the second course will be starting this January, and we've already got trailers, albeit very unclear ones that raise more questions than they give answers. 

Aldnoah.Zero is a little divisive among watchers - albeit a lot of that is people who can't accept that Urobuchi's name being attached to something does not automatically mean it will be a carbon copy of Madoka Magica - but I haven't yet encountered anyone who saw the first course and isn't excited about the second course, and that says a lot, I think.

Avengers: Age of Ultron. 

Hey, what can I say.

I loved The Avengers. I love most MCU films. I love Ultron.

Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment